Monday, June 7, 2010

More videos of the Droogies

Here are a couple videos of the last hive inspection. The first shows the amount of activity at the entrance of both hives. I still have the entrance reducers on and read somewhere that the smaller entrance helps the guard bees keep tabs on everyone and doesn't hurt the productivity of the hive, sorta like the velvet rope at a club enabling the bouncers to control the flow. I may leave them on all season unless I read something to convince me otherwise (always a possibility!)

It is better if you click on these videos to watch them on Youtube. For some reason, I cannot get blogger to show the widescreen versions.




This video is long and shows the hive inspection of Droogie 1 from above. I thought you might enjoy being able to see into the hive this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment